THE COLLEGE CREST
Its shape represents a memento of success and recognition.
- In the centre is an open book which is the traditional symbol of learning.
- In front of the book is Burning Lamp, emitting silver-rays, the insignia of enlightenment.
BELOW THE INNER CIRCLE:
- The LOTUS as the National Flower of India, signifies peace and prosperity for all.
- Inside the inner circle the name of the institution is written in Engish. Inside the outer circle the name of the institution, its place of location and District is written in Odia. Below it, the year of the foundation of the college is mentioned in Odia Figures.
INSIDE THE CIRCLE AROUND THE SHEILD:
- The ‘SWASTIKA’ is the ancient Indian mark of mental elevation and sacredness.
- The Two Fresh Green Branches are the epitome of life, hope and self reliance.
- The message in Devanagari script’ TAMOSO MA JYOTIRGAMAYA’ meaning ‘Dispel Darkness by light’ denotes eradication of ignorance by wisdom.
Briefly, the various symbols in the Crest carry the underlying sense that S.B.P. Mahavidyalaya manifests the noble motto of providing its students with learning, wisdom, hope and vigor which would enable them to achieve mental, moral and material development and lead to their attainment of peace and prosperity in life.